In this week’s Bleat;
• Track Racing
• From the Committee
• Racing this Week
NARRABUNDAH TRACK PRACTICE SESSION
THURSDAY 6 OCTOBER 5.30 PM – 7.00 PM
ALL WELCOME – DONT MISS IT !!
Daylight saving will soon be with us, and that means MASTERS TRACK RACING!!!!!
The track racing season will kick off with a Practice Session starting at 5.30pm on Thursday 6 October. There will be no racing. All interested riders are invited – particularly new riders and track novices. It is a great opportunity to give track a try!
Please note that Narrabundah Track is a high-banked, oval track suitable only for conventional fixed gear track bikes with a high bottom bracket. We are unable to accommodate road bikes on this track.
- Narrabundah track is located off Goyder Street in Narrabundah.
- We welcome riders to try a high-banked track for the first time.
- New riders can get practical advice on gearing, bunch riding & track etiquette.
- Interested riders can try out a track bike (see note following).
- Experienced riders can tune up the machinery & motor.
- All riders can express their preference for events & races.
- The practice session will be around 1hr 30 mins starting at 5.30pm.
- There is no formal structure to the practice. We can assist with introductory training, if requested.
- You can do your own thing, if you prefer.
A few basics on track etiquette for the practice session:
- Use the designated track positions for cruising, tempo or fast pacing.
(The faster you ride the higher you should be positioned on track. Overtake outside other riders).
- Hold your line – don’t make changes of speed or position unless you are clear of other riders.
- Be very careful if you are crossing or moving on / off the track.
(It is your responsibility not to impede other riders in this situation).
- Start from the fence and be aware of riders approaching.
- It is best to wear clear or light tinted goggles.
(the shaded portions of track have very low visibility with regular sunnies).
- All riders will need to be cautious, as there will be novice riders at the practice session.
Spare Track Bikes
We have access to spare track bikes if you are a novice and wish to try track racing. Note that you will need to bring your own pedals. You may need to pump up tyres (we will have a pump available) and adjust saddle / bar position. You will need to check over the bike for safety purposes. Although we will assist as far as practical, equipment safety and providing tools for fitting / adjustments is your responsibility.
Regular track racing will start on Thursday 13 October.
Last year was a great season with a dedicated track group and 32 riders participating over the season. However, why should they have all the fun. If you have thought about it, come and give it a try. We would like at 5 – 10 more regulars this season.
From the Committee
Reduced Membership Fee for Remainder of 2022
A reduced membership fee of $80 is now available for new members and non-financial members wishing to rejoin the club between now and 31 December 2022. Register via the AVCC online membership portal at https://memberdesq.sportstg.com//index.cfm?fuseaction=main&OrgID=10244
RACING THIS WEEK:
No scheduled event this week. The next race will be a Stromlo Criterium on Tuesday 4th October to kickoff the Summer Season.