Performance and age based handicapping is used to ensure riders find a fair but challenging grade to race in.
The movement of riders up and down grades is encouraged. It ensures enjoyable, competitive racing with the correct balance between grades. Grades are reviewed regularly by the handicapper and race committee.
For more information or to request a grade change, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Grade change requests must be made well prior to the cut off for race pre entry. Riders must ride in their assigned grade as specified on the race start list in RMS.
Moving up grades
- You will be moved up a grade if you regularly finish in the top three or are clearly the strongest in your current grade
- You are encouraged to request a move to higher grades if you feel ready
Moving down grades
- You can request a move down a grade if you are regularly dropped from the bunch or if you are returning from injury.
Other important info
- A rider who ‘rides down’ from their allocated grade should not contest the race finish in the lower grade
- For ‘handicap’ events where riders start alone or in groups, the handicapper will determine your start time based on recent race performance.
- All grading and handicapping decisions are at the discretion of the handicapper